Wholesale toys are big business. Every parent knows it and dreads it. While we’re still waiting to find out what the toy market was worth in 2010, I can tell you that the 2009 U.S. toy industry sales were $21.47 billion. 2010 is sure to top that with consumers reaching into their wallets at the first signs of an economic recovery.
A toy is the delight of every child. Who doesn’t remember the wonder of a special toy as a child? Every Christmas, parents try to figure out which are the hottest toys and rush to buy them before stores and websites run out. Retail toy buyers try to figure out the same thing as they source toys wholesale. Toys are becoming more sophisticated and expensive every year. Ever wonder what the best sellers were this last Christmas season?
With hundreds of different toys on the market it’s always hard to decide what to buy. Even if you know what your kids want, there’s always another decision to be made – should the Barbie be a blonde or brunette? The toys listed below were found to be best sellers and were also deemed to be highly desirable by kids of all ages. Among the best selling toys were Banagrams, Lego Sets, Squinkies, SingAMaJigs, Silly Bandz and Stomp Rockets.
Top 10 Wholesale Toys of Christmas Past
1. Bananagrams. This is a portable word game that comes in its own zippered banana shaped yellow pouch.
2. Lego Ultimate Building Set, 405 Pieces. New tub container with assortment of Lego bricks and elements including building plate, mini figure, windows, doors, wheels and building instructions for 5 models.
3. Squinkies Bubble Pack, Series One and Two. Soft squishy little figures that fit in your hand. You can collect kitties, puppies, babies, ponies and friends, with 100’s of Squinkies to collect from. Each bubble pack contains 16.
4. Silly Bandz. Fun animal shaped silicone wristbands that come in a variety of shapes and are worn like a bracelet. They can be stretched and come in themed packs like zoo animals or alphabet letters. Girls can trade with friends and wear as a fun fashion statement.
5. Stomp Rocket Jr. Glow Kit. This fun to play with kit comes with 4 rockets and refill rockets can be purchased for many hours of play indoors or out. Received the iParenting Media Award for excellent product and Top Toy of the year from Creative Child magazine.
6. Nerf N-Strike Stampede ECS. This fully automatic Nerf clip system features a new pop-out bipod for stability, which can double as a handle. Removable shield allows players to transition to Attack Mode. The full auto clip system blaster comes complete with a Blast Shield, Pop-Out Bipod, 3 Extended Clips, 1 Quick Reload Clip and 60 darts.
7. Squinkies Cupcake Surprise Bakeshop. You can close and dispense your Squinkies with the bakeshop. It includes 9 bubbles with themed Squinkies inside. You can open them up to play in the bake shop which holds up to 15 bubbles.
8. The Settlers Of Catan. The Settlers of Catan is a strategy and building game where players collect resources and use them to build roads, cities and settlements.
9. Lego Hogwarts. The Lego Hogwarts set offers Lego-quality construction coupled with the popular Harry Potter book and movie series by J.K. Rowling.
10. Leapfrog Scribble And Write. This encourages children to write early and has 4 learning modes to help a child progress from drawing simple shapes to writing upper and lower case letters.
10. Leapfrog Scribble And Write – Weighing in at just over 3 pounds, the Leap Frog Scribble and Write won’t tire your little one out, and the flashing lights will set off light bulbs of learning in their minds.