Disruptive advertising and marketing is in decline, as most people have learned to ignore the standard ways it has been distributed to this point. On the other hand Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs state the B2B content marketing is becoming a strong strategy, with 38% of marketers using content marketing within their organizations to positive affect.
The report goes on to state:
- More content is being implemented by 70% of marketers than a year ago, including those whom say they have no type of strategy (56%) and the 58% who believe it to be the least effective.
- 21% say the have had success tracking ROI, although 35% that use a documented strategy have had positive results. Making measurement a big factor that most B2B marketers are having trouble with.
- Info-graphics saw the biggest increase in use again (from 51% last year to 62% this year).
- The most used paid method to promote or distribute content by B2B marketers was search engine marketing (users also state it is the most effective of the paid options).
- 32% of B2B marketers are challenged by finding trained content marketing professionals, up from 10% last year.
One of the biggest highlights from the report is LinkedIN being the largest B2B content distributing social media platform.
The report stated, “94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIN to distribute content, making it the social media platform used most often (they also say it’s the most effective social media platform)”
Some say posts to LinkedIN receive more interaction and traffic than posts to Facebook, SlideShare and Twitter. With 250 million active users whom are mostly business professionals, the demographic and size of the platform results in effectiveness for most users. 63% of the B2B marketers have rated LinkedIN as “effective” or “very effective”.
Using conversations with customers and new connections is a key way to overcome the biggest challenges in content marketing, creating engaging content and consistent content. Creating content is hard, creating interesting content is even harder. Asking customers about their current challenges and what they are in need of is one way of overcoming those challenges.
Journey mapping is a very effective way to make the best content. Map out the way your customers are searching for information regarding B2B marketing and then create content according to how they search and not how you want to market to them. That can make a key difference in failure or success.