We’re sad to say ASD has shut its doors, but it hasn’t on sourcing. You can still find the best suppliers on TopTenWholesale.com and Manufacturer.com, we are just one click away.
You can stay in touch with us on Facebook, Instagram and join our LinkedIn group. Here we will bring you new suppliers every day, ranging from liquidators to custom truckloads, to single-unit items. Whether you are in general merchandising, selling on Amazon or you have your own fashion brand, there is something for you.
This illustrates firsthand the power of social media and its ability to keep people connected and business going. While attending ASD Trade Show we acquired some stats that further prove how social media is just something that cannot be ignored.
1. What you sell and/or what service you provide is just the first step; how well you market online, WILL determine how successful you are.
2. In an increasingly mobile world, people want to be able to access you and your product or service on the go at any time. While you may not be answering your store’s phone after hours (have some work/life balance!) Social media allows people to still interact with your business at any time.
3. Social media is so powerful because we are living in a time when feedback is of utmost importance. For example, Yelp has built their entire empire based on feedback.
4. Comments, likes, views, and ratings act as a verification system for potential consumers. Your social presence serves as your online resume. Maybe it’s because we’re in the age of being “catfished,” that we’re in need that backup authentication.
5. Still not convinced social media matters? During a seminar by Crystal Vilkaitis at ASD trade show, we learned that YouTube influences more 18- to 34-year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
6. In fact, ¾ of social media content will convert over to video by 2020. You don’t have to be curating cutting-edge YouTube videos with the purpose of going viral to attract customers. Facebook and Instagram Live have proven to have high organic reach.
Depending on the person or business, creating a strong social media presence can seem like an insurmountable feat. But, do not fret. You do not need to stay up all night researching hashtags and resisting the urge to scream #OMG. Just HAVING an efficient website, an Instagram account, and a Facebook page will grow your business. You don’t have to be going fast, but you need to be moving forward. We’ll have more information coming on this topic, so stay social with us, and we’ll keep you in the loop with industry news and more.