Globalization has caused international e-commerce to grow exponentially. The sector’s growth has been attributed to the rapid expansion of the internet and use of mobile and tablet devices in developing countries.
That being said, companies have a valuable opportunity for online businesses to boost sales as they can now be introduced to new markets. Such can be achieved by creating relevant, engaging, and personalized online experiences for customers. As an online retailer, e-commerce platforms give you that all-important foundation to accomplish just that.
When selecting what e-commerce platform, you need something that can help you deliver value to clients no matter what specific requirements you might have. Consequently, we have drawn up a list of some of the best software that can help you accomplish your e-commerce goals. Many of these platforms topped our US list, but there are some additional ones that will help you reach an international clientele.
- Shopify: Beyond just enabling you to list your products, manage shopping carts, and process orders, Shopify offers lots of customization options. commentions that there are several themes, plugins, and extensions that users can choose from on Shopify. The system is extremely user- and mobile friendly, with lots of support options to guide you through any issues you may encounter. Shopify also lets users recover abandoned cart, among others. The platform supports multiple payment gateways.
- WooCommerce: WooCommerce is a WordPress-based plugin that automatically transforms any WordPress website into a fully functional online store. It features coupon management, inventory management, and product pages. There are thousands of themes available for users to choose from. The WooCommerce system connects to all major payment gateways and is incredibly easy to use.
- Magento: Magento offers critical e-commerce features such as inventory management, coupon management, built-in multi-lingual support, handling shipping charges, and supports multiple payment gateway options, among others. Retailers are also offered access to marketing tools, over 5,000 extensions, built-in SEO features, order processing, etc. In addition, Magento is friendly to work with and is perfectly scalable.
- Bigcommerce: Bigcommerce is a cloud-based platform that offers a plethora of e-commerce store management features. The system hosts your online store and takes care of its security by using deterrent security provisioning and hardware firewall to keep hackers away. The Bigcommerce platform is intended for fast-growing individuals who wish to operate at a scale.
- Volusion: If you want to run an e-commerce store successfully, one of the e-commerce platforms you should consider is Volusion. You do not need to download or install any software to use the application, as just signing up on the Volusion site is enough. It is a beginner-friendly system that packs lots of advanced features such as a website builder module, product listings, deal of the day feature, advanced inventory management, ratings and reviews, etc.
- Wix: Wix is an all-inclusive online website solution that works well for those who are looking for simplicity. It features an overall stylish, yet functional design with a clean interface. Wix offers a broad range of modern designs and templates, tools, and guidelines to enable you to configure your site without to your taste. All designs have been categorized and built with specific niches such as cameras, women’s fashion items, food, headphones, jewelry, etc. in mind. The company hosts all its websites on its servers to ensure speed and security with minimal downtime, if any.
- YoKart: YoKart is a turnkey that’s designed specifically for startups as well as small and midsize businesses. An E-commerce Platformsreview mentions that YoKart “caters to startups in need of powerful tools and helpful support.” One of its standout features is a sturdy reporting functionality, allows you to track your sales in real time. Retailers can also access market trends to adapt their offerings appropriately. Other features include multi-vendor capabilities, real-time shipping calculator, automated SEO, robust security, multiple stores for vendors, etc. Also, orders can be split and merged for shopping carts with items from several vendors. The system also makes it possible to divide customers into groups depending on their buying behavior. On top of that, YoKart is easy to use, thanks to clean, responsive interfaces that are easy to navigate. This way, the company allows you to build vendor stores similar to Etsy, Amazon, or eBay.
- OpenCart: OpenCart is an open source e-commerce platform that offers benefits such as low startup cost, rich features with an extensive catalog functionality that makes order processing a breeze. Owners do not need to have any plugins to run the system. It doesn’t take long to customize the website from start to finish, not to mention that it is easy to use overall.
- Squarespace: Launched in 2004, Squarespace is a lightweight, paid-for service that offers excellent marketing tools, attractive design templates, and great analytics. The system is beginner friendly, as you can build a fully functional e-commerce store without prior technical knowledge. The tool takes care of all the technical duties regarding hosting, domain, domain handling, servers, etc.
- osCommerce: osCommerce is a self-hosted e-commerce system that handles both your front-end store catalog (product) and back-end management tasks such as adding products, managing sales, among others. The platform is easy to use and is highly customizable.